Prof. LI Jing, Victor
Bsc in Financial Mathematics (PKU)
MA in National Economics (RUC)
PhD in Housing Economics (PolyU)
• Evaluating the Impact of New Town Development: A Piketty’s Framework. Public Policy Research Funding Scheme
• Land value effects of high-speed rail for railway financing: Case study of the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong express rail link. Endowment Fund Research Grant
• The Impact of Belt and Road Initiative on Global Carbon Neutrality. Direct Grant for Research
• Homeownership Financialization in the Greater Bay Area Cities. University Alliance Symposiums on Greater Bay Area Fund
• Energy Use Behaviors and Patterns in Commercial Buildings: Comparing Hong Kong with Shanghai. Lee Hysan Research Grant
• Determinants of Rural-Urban Consumption Disparity: Evidence from China. Direct Grant for Research
• Assessment and Implementation of Non- pharmaceutical Interventions to Avoid COVID-19 Resurgences: Accounting for Human Mobility, Contacts and Behavioral Change Using Both Big and Small data. Collaborative Research Fund
• Sustainable Communities Lab for People’s Multifaceted Well-being. Knowledge Transfer Fund
• Environmental Health and Environmental Justice. Research Committee Funding
• Housing Pathway of Migrant Workers from the Perspective of Staged Migration: Dynamics and Empirics. National Science Foundation of China
• A multi-dimensional “point-line-plane” approach for industrial heritage conservation in Hong Kong: A case study of Ma On Shan (MOS) Iron Mine. Development Bureau of Hong Kong
• The Evolutionary Trend of International Income Inequality: An Analysis of Decomposition and Transitional Dynamics. Faculty Development Scheme
* for corresponding author # for MPhils, PhDs, RAs and Postdocs
- Gong W.H.#, & Li, J.* (2022). The territorial impact of high-speed rail on urban land system. Cities, accepted for publication
- Ma, N., Cheong, T.S., & Li, J.* (2022). Evaluating Global Inequality Using Decomposition Approach. Frontiers in Psychology, 6170
- Liang C., Huang Y.X.#, Yip T.L. & Li, J. (2022). Does rail transit development gentrify neighborhoods? Evidence from Hong Kong. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 155(11), 354-372
- Ma, N., Li, J., Cheong, T.S. & Zhuang, D.L. (2021). The Evolutionary Trend of Global Inequality: Analyzing the Impacts of Economic Structure. Frontiers in Psychology, 5856
- Gong, W.H.#, Li, J.*, & Ng, M.K. (2021). Deciphering property development around HSR stations through land value capture: case studies in Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Sustainability, 13 (22), 12605.
- Li, J., Cheong T.S., & Shi X.P. (2021). A counterfactual benchmark for assessing future environmental impact: A case study of Belt and Road Initiative countries. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 484
- Li, J., Fang, W.X.#, Shi, Y. Ren, C. (2021). Assessing Economic, Social and Environmental Impacts on Housing Prices in Hong Kong: A Time Series Study of 2006, 2011 and 2016. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment, DOI: 10.1007/s10901-021-09898-x
- Zhang, Z., Li, J., Fung, T., Yu, H.Y., Mei, C.L., Leung, Y. & Zhou, Y. (2021). Multiscale geographically and temporally weighted regression with a unilateral temporal weighting scheme and its application in the analysis of spatiotemporal characteristics of house prices in Beijing. International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 1-25.
- Tan, X.Y.#, Huang, B., Batty, M. & Li, J. (2021). Urban Spatial Organization, Multifractals, and Evolutionary Patterns in Large Cities. Annals of the American Association of Geographers, 111 (5), 1539-1558.
- Shi, X.P., Cheong, T.S., & Li, J. (2021). Evolution of Future World Coal Consumption: Insights from a Distribution Dynamics Approach. International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, 27(2), 186-207.
- Cheong, T.S., Li, J.* & Cheng, W.W. (2021). Distribution Dynamics of China’s Regional Housing Price Disparity. International Journal of Urban Sciences, 25(1), 51-70.
- Wang, D.K.#, Li, J.*, & Yu, H.Y. (2020). Mass Appraisal Modeling of Real Estate in Urban Center by Geographically and Temporally Weighted Regression: A Case Study of Beijing’s Core Area. Land, 9(5), 143-160.
- Li, Y., Chevallier, J., Wei, Y.G.#, & Li, J. (2020). Identifying price bubbles in the US, European and Asian natural gas market: Evidence from a GSADF test approach. Energy Economics, 104740.
- Wei, Y.G.#, Li, Y., Li, J., Wang, Y., & Qiang, Z.Y. (2020). Regional and Longitudinal Disparity of Housing Bubbles in the U.S. markets: Evidence from GSADF Tests. Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 146(1), 04019027.
- Li, J., Wei, Y.G.# & Chiang, Y.H. (2020). Bubbles or Cycles? Housing Price Dynamics in China’s Major Cities. International Journal of Strategic Property Management, 24(2), 90-101.
- Li, J.*, Cheng, W.W., & Chui, K.H. (2019). Why “Spicy Measures” Fail to Cool down Hong Kong’s Housing Market? International Journal of Sustainable Real Estate and Construction Economics, 1(4), 298-313.
- Wang, D.K.# & Li, J.* (2019). Mass Appraisal Models of Real Estate in the 21st Century: A Systematic Literature Review. Sustainability, 11(24), 7006.
- Li, J., Cheong, T.S., Shen, J.F. & Fu, D.H. (2019). Urbanization and Rural-Urban Consumption Disparity: Evidence from China. The Singapore Economic Review, 64(4), 983-996.
- Cheong, T.S., Cheng, A. & Li, J. (2019). Evolutionary trend of foreign investment in China: A combined decomposition and transitional dynamics approach. The Singapore Economic Review, 64(4), 1037-1055.
- Cheong, T. S., Li, J.*, & Shi, X. (2019). Regional disparity and convergence of electricity consumption in China: A distribution dynamics approach. China Economic Review, 58, 101154.
- Li, J., & Tao, L. (2019). Urban villages in China: historical and institutional perspectives. In Handbook on Urban Development in China (pp. 234-247). Edward Elgar.
- Yoshino, N. & Li, J.* (2018). Housing Bubbles and Banking Behaviors in China: A Macro Perspective. Journal of Comparative Asian Development, 17(1), 73-94.
- Li, J.* (2018). Married to Property? Housing Price and Family Formation Revisited. International Journal of Home Economics, 11(1), 44-53.
- Cheong, T. S. & Li, J.* (2018). Transitional Distribution Dynamics of Housing Affordability in Australia, Canada and USA. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 11, 204-222.
- Li, J., Cheng, A., & Cheong, T.S. (2017). Home Purchase Restriction and Housing Price: A Distribution Dynamics Analysis. Regional Science and Urban Economics, 67, 1-10.
- Yep, R. & Li, J. (2017). ‘Immigrants Do Not Vote for Democrats!’: Are they pushed or do they jump? In Migration in Post-Colonial Hong Kong (pp. 140-160). Routledge.
- Choy, C., & Li, J.* (2017). The Role of Higher Education in China’s Inclusive Urbanization. Cities, 60, 504-510.
- Wei, Y.G., Huang, C., Li, J., & Xie, L. (2016). An Evaluation Model for Urban Carrying Capacity: A Case Study of China’s Mega-Cities. Habitat International, 53, 87-96.
- Li, J.*, & Xu, Y. (2016). Evaluating Restrictive Measures Containing Housing Prices in China: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach. Urban Studies, 53(12), 2654-2669.
- Li, J.* (2016). Housing Policies in Hong Kong, China and the People’s Republic of China. ADBI Working Paper 566.
- Xu, Y., Li, J., & Jiao, S. (2016). The impacts of Chinese urbanization on farmers’ social networks, evidence from the urbanization led by farmland requisition in Shanghai. Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 142(2), 05015008.
- Chiang, Y.H., Li, J.*, Zhou, L., Wong, F.K.W., & Lam, P.T.I. (2016). Evaluating Sustainable Building Maintenance Projects in Hong Kong: Balancing Economic, Social and Environmental Impacts. Journal of Construction and Engineering Management, 142(2), 06015003.
- Chiang, Y.H., Li, J.*, Zhou, L., Wong, F.K.W. & Lam, P.T.I. (2015). The nexus among employment opportunities, life-cycle costs, and carbon emissions: A case study of sustainable building maintenance in Hong Kong. Journal of Cleaner Production, 109, 326-335.
- Zhang, R., Li, J., Du, Q.Y., & Ren, F. (2015). Basic Farmland Zoning and Protection under Spatial Constraints by Particle Swarm Optimization Multi-Objective Decision Model: A Case Study of Yicheng, China. Environment and Planning B, 42(6), 1098-1123.
- Li, J.* (2014). Land sale venue and economic growth path: Evidence from China’s urban land market. Habitat International, 41, 307-313.
- Li, J.*, Xu, Y., & Chiang, Y. H. (2014). Property prices and housing affordability in China: A regional comparison. Journal of Comparative Asian Development, 13(3), 405-435.
- Li, J.*, Chiang, Y.H., Zhou, L., & Choi, T.N.Y. (2014). Measuring Carbon Emission from Energy Consumption in a Hong Kong Family. Facilities, 32(7/8), 324-341.
- Chiang, Y.H., Zhou, L., Li, J., Lam, P.T.I., & Wong, F.K.W. (2014). Achieving Sustainable Building Maintenance through Optimizing Life-cycle Carbon, Cost and Labor: A Case in Hong Kong. Journal of Construction and Engineering Management, 140(3), 05014001.
- Li, J.* (2013). What causes China’s property boom? Property Management, 31(1), 4-21.
- Li, J.*, Chiang, Y. H., Choi, T. N., & Man, K. F. (2013). Determinants of efficiency of contractors in Hong Kong and China: Panel data model analysis. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 139(9), 1211-1223.
- Chiang, Y.H., Li, J.*, Choi, T., & Man, K.F. (2013). Evaluating Construction Contractors’ Efficiency in Hong Kong Using Data Envelopment Analysis Assurance Region Model. Journal of Facilities Management, 11(1), 52-68.
- Zhou, L., Li, J., & Chiang, Y.H. (2013). Promoting Energy Efficient Building in China through Clean Development Mechanism. Energy Policy, 57(6), 338-346.
- Li, J.*, & Chiang, Y. H. (2012). What pushes up China’s real estate price? International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, 5(2), 161-176.
- Li, J.* (2012). What Causes Insufficient Affordable Housing Provision in China? Hong Kong Institute of Planners Journal, 27 (1), 46-57.
- Chiang, Y.H., Li, J.*, Choi, T., & Man, K.F. (2012). Comparing China Mainland and China Hong Kong Contractors’ Productive Efficiency: A DEA Malmquist Productivity Index Approach. Journal of Facilities Management, 10(3), 179-197.
- Chiang, Y.H., Choy, L.T.C., & Li, J.* (2012). Public Expenditure and Property Cycle: The Case in Shanghai. Journal of Construction in Developing Countries, 17(1), 87-101.
- Li, J.*, Chiang, Y. H., & Choy, L. (2011). Central–local conflict and property cycle: A Chinese style. Habitat International, 35(1), 126-132.
- Housing Policy
- Land Development
- Urban Studies
- Belt and Road
- Housing Economics
- Real Estate Economics
- Urban Sustainability
Department of Geography and Resource Management
- Chair, Green Committee
Urban Studies Programme
- Chair, Curriculum and Teaching Committee
Institute of Future Cities
- Deputy Director, Center of Land Resource & Housing Policy
Hong Kong Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies
- ExCo Member, Centre for Urban Innovation
Council Member, Chinese Research Institute of Construction Management
Co-Chair, The 26th International Symposium on Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate